"The curse causeless shall not come." Proverbs 26:2
Listed below are some Bible reasons curses come:
1. Possibly from murder, nonproductivity, a fugitive, vagabond. (Genesis 4:11, Matthew 5:21-22 [Jesus' statement on hatred = murder], John 3:15).
2. Curse of the law: comes as a result of trying to please God by obeying His commandments instead of trusting Christ. (Deut 11:28, Deut 27:15, Deut 28:16, Galatians 3:10, Galatians 3:13 [Christ redeems us who trust Him from the Law's Curse]).
3. Curse upon those who will not fight the Lord's battles: slackness or indifference. (Judges 5:23, Jeremiah 48:10).
4. Curse from not giving to the Lord's work -- results in nonproductivity and personal poverty (Malachi 3:9, Haggai 1:6-9).
5. Curse upon thieves. (Zechariah 5:3)
6. Curse upon those who swear by God's name falsely -- misrepresentation of God (Zechariah 5:3-4).
7. Curse in the house of the wicked (Proverbs 3:33).
8. Curse upon those who refuse to see the needs of the poor (Proverbs 28:27).
9. Curse upon those ministers (and all believers [Revelation 1:6]) who will not give glory to Christ (Malachi 2:2) -- results in their blessings being cursed.
10. Possible curse upon improper family structure -- destruction of family priesthood (Malachi 4:6) with special attention given to the relationship between father and children.
11. Curse on those who curse either Esau's Descendants (Genesis 27:29) or Israel (Numbers 24:9).
12. Curse from trusting in man instead of God -- depending on flesh instead of the spirit, shall miss all the blessings, shall be spiritually dry, dead, uninhabited (Jeremiah 17:5-6, Proverbs 17:11 [an evil spirit sent -- cruel messenger -- to the one seeking rebellion]).
13. A graven, molten image is an abomination to the Lord (Deuteronomy 27:15).
14. Those who make light of father or mother (Deuteronomy 27:16).
15. Removing a neighbor's landmark (Deuteronomy 27:17).
16. Those who cause the blind to go out of their way (Deuteronomy 27:18).
17. Perversion of judgement for the stranger, fatherless and widow (Deuteronomy 27:19).
18. One who lies (has sexual relations) with his father's wife (Deuteronomy 27:20); with man or beast (Deuteronomy 27:21); with his sister -- daughter of father or mother (Deuteronomy 27:21-22); with his mother-in-law (Deuteronomy 27:23).
19. He who smites his neighbor secretly (Deuteronomy 27:24).
20. One who takes a reward to slay innocent persons (Deuteronomy 27:25).
21. One who refuses to confirm and do all the word of God (Deuteronomy 27:26).