Sierra Leone, officially the Republic of Sierra Leone, is a country in west Africa. It is bordered by Guinea to the north and east, Liberia to the southeast, and the Atlantic Ocean to the west and southwest. Sierra Leone covers a total area of 71,740 km2 (27,699 sq mi) and has a population estimated at 6.5 million.
It began as an independent colony under the auspices of the Sierra Leone Company on March 11th 1792 and became a British colony in 1808. Sierra Leone is now a constitutional republic comprising three provinces and the Western Area; which are further divided into fourteen districts.
The country has a tropical climate, with a diverse environment ranging from savannah to rainforests. Freetown is the capital, largest city and economic center. The other major cities are Bo, Kenema, Koidu Town and Makeni.
Sierra Leone is rich in mineral resources, possessing some of the rarest and most valuable mineral types in the world, many of which are found in significant quantities. The country has relied on mining, especially diamonds, for its economic base; it is among the Top 10 diamond producing nations in the world, and mineral exports remain the main foreign currency earner. Sierra Leone is also among the largest producers of titanium and bauxite, and a major producer of gold. The country has one of the world's largest deposits of rutile. Despite this natural wealth, the vast majority of its people live in poverty.
Promised Land Ministries - Letter to all the Church
Dear Pastor, Christian Friends and Laborers in God's Kingdom, we ask you on behalf of Promised land Ministries for prayers concerning our schools of deliverance and missions:
• God's Blessings upon our schools in 5 cities in Sierra Leone, Western Africa:
1. Makeni: March 4-6, School of Deliverance (SOD) 101
2. Kono; March 7-9, SOD 201
3. Kenema: March 11-13, SOD 101
4. Bo; March 14-16, SOD 201
5. Freetown; March 18-20, SOD 101
• We need prayer power and fire wall; Zec 2:5 For I, saith the LORD, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her.
• Pray for anointing of the Holy Spirit upon all the schools to teach, preach, save, deliver and heal. Pray that revival fire will break out
• Safety in travels and protection for our families at home
In Christ's love and service
Pastor Jozef I Jasinski and all of us in PLM